Enterprise level applications are complicated system which comes with its own set of risks and benefits. Performance of such application can be closely monitored by our industry’s top specialists — from critics and experts to users and the top merchants, who offer their perspective on the root causes of application performance problems. The factor is, some of the sections overlap. Some of the sections could be considered subsets of the other sections. Some of the quotes could match multiple sections. But the bottom edge is that the file accomplishes the purpose: to provide a broad picture of the various factors out there impacting application performance.
You will notice a broad range of impacts from the applications themselves, to the situation and the network, to the people behind those applications. In the mobile app all of these factors must be analysed when managing application performance.
The problem area, the most nebulous part – which corresponds from Device, Environment, and programming, is the trivial part of the problem, which needs a lot of technical measures to find a strong resolution to performance issues occurring in the applications.
Every IT developer team faces criticisms indicating that the network is slowing down or delivering applications unsuccessfully. Their very initial focus is on verifying network performance parts (i.e., latency, packet loss, etc.).
Nevertheless, the network is not the individual driver of data transfer speed and the end-user experience. Several other factors directly affect how fast application queries and responses will flow through the network. If one wants to troubleshoot performance disgraces, this checklist of the factors that can badly impact the transfer speed will come in very handy.
Here are the most likely reasons that lead to Enterprise app’s poor performance:-
- Programming and Architecture– Having a niche in development and testing of different mobiles and web applications, we have recognized that application performance is a great factor to be analysed while designing and development of applications. The poor performance of websites and mobile applications, not just affect the SEO, but it also influences traffic, usability and ultimately its progress. Here are a few reasons recorded for the poor performance of the
- Webpage weight
- Number of HTTP requests
- Webpage load speed
- Webpage load time.
- Under-optimized images
- Bloated and untidy code
- Lack of GZIP compression
- Poorly constructed responsive design
- Poor server setup
- Huge Data– Data, which is increasing in a tremendous way, needs to be planned systematically. In an enterprise application, a huge threat is to manage huge data intelligently. Higher the volume of data, higher the storage costs, network costs or even data centre costs. And if data overloads the complete system, it can have a bad impact on UI experience of our users.
For an Enterprise application, the data needs to be collected, organised and then centralised effectively. It is quite necessary in choosing whether your big data would be centre specific / on – premise or cloud based. If correct method is not chosen, your application can go haywire.
- Network– Network and bandwidth is the power for any application that isn’t local (remote workforce, customer-facing website, etc.). Monitoring network bandwidth and web application performance from various locations help detect the problem into various networks.
Self-contradictory bandwidth, improved latency and packet loss all serve to corrupt application performance. While your strength is not able to control mobile or most cloud networks, you can build and test apps with these network requirements in understanding. The network on which the application is functioning influences the app performance, particularly for mobile and cloud. This gives companies the best chance to optimize app performance before the network impacts are perceived by users.
- Adoption– The enterprise mobile app strategy needs to be executed along with the resources across various areas of the organization. This has to be coordinated with all the systems or methods aptly described by the plan to concentrate on funds, infrastructure, and creativity, to avoid poor results in app development. To maintain it comes out with great impact, the CEO of the organization needs to perform a crucial role in developing the mobile strategy for the enterprise.
This was however not much there about several years back, but it is grabbing trends with about 39% more enterprises using this idea thoughtfully in adopting the strategy immediately.
- Configuration Variations– Application performance has been affected harshly by what is presently known as the – permanent change and configuration administration challenges; a big data issue with lack of actionable insight into developments in the IT environment. A typical application involves hundreds of thousands of different configuration parameters and is subjected to numerous changes. The volume, velocity, and variety of configuration modifications overwhelm IT operations.
This is especially accurate when considering that any minute misconfiguration can create a high impact application performance and availability conflict.
- Testing– No matter how finely it is notified inside or how nice it resembles, if it doesn’t ensure you the security you need it fails to serve you. This requires proper testing of mobile app. As per what experts say concerning the security testing effects of enterprise apps, existing static app security testing and dynamic app security testing are not being modified to address mobile security needs. Taking these tests for your enterprise mobile application is necessary because these tests measure and monitor GUI and background of a running app, to detect refractory or dicey performance. Like for example, a voice editor application that accesses phonebook knowledge or geo-location can be disbelieving.
Deorwine Infotech is a Mobile App Development Company which helps in addressing such challenges and offer scalable testing solutions to its clients.